with D. Colin
Welcome! This page is all about me helping your inner writer flourish along with a collection of some of my favorite quotes.
For writing prompts, come and join me in my Facebook group, Poetry with D. Colin!
For1-on-1 sessions, check out some of my offerings below.
To support the workshop work so that I can offer help to writers who need financial grace, join the workshop team on my Patreon page.
Enjoy and happy writing!
Seven Quotes to feed your inner poet
1. "If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough." ~Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
2. "When I dare to be powerful, to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid." ~Audre Lorde
3. "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." ~Maya Angelou
4. "When we speak we are afraid our words will not be heard or welcomed. But when we are silent, we are still afraid. So it is better to speak. ~Audre Lorde
5. "An artist must be free to choose what he does certainly, but he must also never be afraid to do what he might choose." ~Langston Hughes
6. "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
7. "People wish to be poets more than they wish to write poetry, and that's a mistake. One should wish to celebrate more than one wishes to be celebrated." ~Lucille Clifton
It's all Write with me!
I offer several options for writers who would like to meet with me to generate new work from a general writing session to getting started with poetry to more ambitious work in writing content for a book or feedback for a manuscript already completed.
Generally sessions are $35 per hour and held virtually on Zoom for individuals. If you would like to book me to facilitate a workshop for your organization, school or group please visit the contact page for all booking options.
I also offer a self-publishing class for folks who want to know the ins and outs of self-publishing which includes content, marketing, printing, etc. The next will take place in January 2021 and will continue quarterly.