with D. Colin
Welcome to my process! This page is a collection of some of my favorite quotes, poetry resources as well as tips for writing.
For writing prompts, come and join me in my Facebook group, Poetry with D. Colin!
For more intensive work and 1-on-1 feedback, check out the services page to book me.
To support the workshop work, join the workshop team on my Patreon page.
Enjoy and happy writing!
Seven Quotes to feed your inner poet
1. "If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough." ~Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
2. "When I dare to be powerful, to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid." ~Audre Lorde
3. "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." ~Maya Angelou
4. "When we speak we are afraid our words will not be heard or welcomed. But when we are silent, we are still afraid. So it is better to speak. ~Audre Lorde
5. "An artist must be free to choose what he does certainly, but he must also never be afraid to do what he might choose." ~Langston Hughes
6. "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
7. "People wish to be poets more than they wish to write poetry, and that's a mistake. One should wish to celebrate more than one wishes to be celebrated." ~Lucille Clifton