Fri, Feb 24|
Writing to Exhale 3-Day Virtual Retreat
Breathe, stretch, write, repeat
Time & Location
Feb 24, 2023, 7:00 PM EST – Feb 26, 2023, 12:30 PM EST
About the event
Are you ready to carve out some time with me to write during the Writing to Exhale 3-Day Virtual Retreat?! Are you feeling uninspired? Are you holding on to a story that you feel compelled to write down? Does something interrupt or distract you every time you want to sit down to write? Are you working through a difficult piece of writing? It's challenging to write especially when we feel like there is no time or we're feeling blocked or unmotivated or the subjects we want to work through require tenderness and care.
You are here because
- You want to give yourself some valuable and productive writing time.
- You want to create a more intentional space for yourself and your creativity
- You want to write in community
- You are looking for a safe space to express yourself and explore vulnerability
- You are feeling blocked and are looking for inspiration
- You're looking for self-care strategies for your writing practice
I know exactly what it feels like to yearn for an intentional space to write, to search for avenues of inspiration and to write from a vulnerable place. I also know how beneficial it has been for me to use creative writing as part of my own self-care practice and healing journey. At the end of this weekend, my hope for everyone is that you leave with first drafts to continue working on, useful strategies for your personal writing practice to add to your toolbox, and most of all, feeling energized about continuing to create for yourself and care for your inner writer.
In my writing journey, I've had the privilege of attending multiple VONA (Voices of Our Nations Arts Foundation) retreats for writers of color and writing with brilliant poets as a Cave Canem fellow. Beyond that and my experience in workshop through my degree programs in English, I have facilitated writing experiences as a New York State Writers Institute fellow and have 10+ years experience creating workshop space for creative writing and poetry.
One thing I know for sure, is you don't have to operate in isolation and some of my most meaningful writing experiences have happened in community with other writers. This virtual experience is about carving out time to focus on your creativity and exploring your personal truths.
When you sign up for the Writing to Exhale 3-Day Virtual Retreat, you get
- Digital workbook, all workshop presentation materials and retreat guidelines
- Live writing prompts and additional prompts for continued writing
- Guiding free writing and writing blocks embedded in workshop time
- Creative Writing Workshops with opportunities for Q & A with me
- Writing to Exhale journal and other retreat goodies mailed to you
Make sure to block out your time for the retreat so that you can be fully present. Keep in mind, we will have time during the schedule to breathe, stretch, eat and hydrate. Retreat Schedule:
- Friday, February 24th, 7:00 pm-8:30 pm [UTC-4]
- Saturday, February 25th, 10:00 am-1:30 pm [UTC-4]
- Sunday, February 26th, 10:00 am-12:30 pm [UTC-4]
- Story in the Silence: a practice centering your writing why
- Entering the Poem & Writing Through Creative Blocks
- Writing to Heal: writing through vulnerability
- Facing your inner critic: journaling practices for meditation & affirmation
Does this sound like it's for you? Here's how you can sign up and secure your spot!
There are only 25 spots available! Use Coupon Code: EARLYBIRDW2E to get a 40% early bird discount until February 14th.
If you missed the early bird window, subscribers to the newsletter get a continued 30% discount until February 21st.
And if you're on Patreon, first of all thank you for your support every month! Secondly, head over to Patreon for your 50% discount code, good until the last day of registration, February 24th.
- Ticket type
Writing to Exhale Retreat PassPrice$185.00